Anti-Grief Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AGN alive?
Update on SMP EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:00 am by Tarl

» AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Update on SMP EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 am by PlasticTastic

» Server coming back?
Update on SMP EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am by Rigs90

» i would like to play LoL
Update on SMP EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am by kevmuh

» New Server IP
Update on SMP EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am by Rigs90

» AGN Domain Expiry?
Update on SMP EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm by gudbev

» Dish Network International Access Fees / how to get dish network on my pc
Update on SMP EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:48 am by xman23

» [get involved] Brainstorming - ideas/suggestions thread
Update on SMP EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:45 am by gudbev

» Got questions? e-mail thread
Update on SMP EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am by gudbev

Statistics
We have 206 registered users
The newest registered user is kamellang

Our users have posted a total of 1413 messages in 205 subjects

Update on SMP

Go down

Update on SMP Empty Update on SMP

Hello, I haven't posted much recently. This has been due to the high amount of homework/coursework/mock exams I have had.

More on topic however, we are going to be switching maps pretty soon. By the latest it will be up on the 23rd but if possible we will get it up before. The new map has a different generator than the original so it will look quite different. The new map also has quite a different theme than the current one. The current one along with the past 2-4 maps will be available for download soon. I ask however that if you do download these do not try to copy over creations from old maps. We have seen these before and we are not looking for people to keep building the same thing non-stop. If however you do improve it and make it larger, I might be swayed to overlook the fact that it has been built before, but ideally I would prefer new ideas. Also, because these are starting to pop up, we do not want pixel art. It ruins the look of the map and stands out in cities. If we come by any it will be deleted straight away. However if this pixel art is on the side of a building so it's more like sign, that will be acceptable.

On SMP we have quite a few new/replaced/updated plugins. In new plugins we have a plugin that simulates the Thuum, which in case you don't know what the thuum is (Shame on you!) is words of power. They are from Skyrim and will be available in a special way on the new world. We have a new admin chat (Finally!) so we can communicate classified server information without mass /tell. A couple admin plugins. (Now I couldn't just reveal that could I Wink ) For the replaced plugins, we have HawkEye, a replacement for BigBrother. There's now going to be Clans* which replaces the old Factions.

There's many more but I rather not continue yammering on.

In case you didn't know, this news blog can be used in an RSS feed so if you'd prefer to read it on an RSS feed go ahead.

Update on SMP Bumper_jacks_rss

Also there will be a special christmas suprise on the server and there may or may not be presents*. So look forward to the 23rd where you get to see what a wonderful job our Staff and a couple of members did with the new map.

-CloseKnight

*-Subject to change.
Admin
Admin
Gold Founder
Gold Founder

http://www.antigriefnation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Update on SMP :: Comments

Kavlar_N_Cheese

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 am  Kavlar_N_Cheese

It will be kinda sad to see the old one go Sad

Still the new updates look promising.

And whats with the random server shutdowns? Will it be fixed???

Back to top Go down

Hubzee

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:39 pm  Hubzee

I have diamond stuff.

will that still be in my inventory after the map switchover? Question silent

Back to top Go down

gudbev

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:07 pm  gudbev

Unfortunately not. A new map means new plains to build on. And inventory is not saved from map changes.

Back to top Go down

Admin

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:38 pm  Admin

The crashes are due to errors from PreciousStones database as it can't call the database 'flags' so it keeps throwing SQL Exceptions. This was caused by updating PS and not resetting the database. I think we can see who's fault this is... It must be the person who kept begging me to upgrade PS stones >_> ....

Back to top Go down

Admin

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm  Admin

@Hubzee Inventory is not transferred. It is a complete restart.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 am  razze99

lol Aksel i asked u to upgrade it but i dont use them much i only uses the cobwebb thing.

Back to top Go down

axeens

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 am  axeens

lol i was on razzes computer sry if u dont under stand the last text that razze sended was actully me

Back to top Go down

Admin

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:26 am  Admin

Well congratulations the crashes are your fault

Back to top Go down

Hubzee

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:31 am  Hubzee

Thats sad, diamonds are hard to get Sad

But new map new fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

axeens

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:05 am  axeens

Ok then i stop useing them. or u can take away the Plugin if it only crashes the server right

Back to top Go down

Admin

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:06 am  Admin

I could easily fix it axeens but it would mean every single ps stone would be deleted so I'll leave it for the next day until the reset

Back to top Go down

axeens

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:07 am  axeens

ok. then i know hope it will work better when its fixed

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down