Anti-Grief Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AGN alive?
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:00 am by Tarl

» AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 am by PlasticTastic

» Server coming back?
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am by Rigs90

» i would like to play LoL
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am by kevmuh

» New Server IP
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am by Rigs90

» AGN Domain Expiry?
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm by gudbev

» Dish Network International Access Fees / how to get dish network on my pc
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:48 am by xman23

» [get involved] Brainstorming - ideas/suggestions thread
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:45 am by gudbev

» Got questions? e-mail thread
1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am by gudbev

Statistics
We have 206 registered users
The newest registered user is kamellang

Our users have posted a total of 1413 messages in 205 subjects

1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev

Go down

1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev Empty 1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev

Hello everyone! It is me, Gudbev! I come with important news! First of all, let me congratulate you all for 1300 messages on this new forum, and let me thank you all for allowing me to be the 1301st message here. BUT this is not the reason I am posting. I have come here to do two things. One.
To thank you all for your company, and thank you all for helping me through the days with the globally known "AGN humor" And yes, it is global. Our community has members from all around the globe! We have got gamers from australia, all the way to the US of A! And not only are we having fun playing games and chatting with each other, we are creating our own social network where we can share ideas, thoughts and information with each other. It has been a great time communicating with you all and thank you all for correcting my mistakes! Not only have you helped improve me as a person but you've also helped me have fun between all the irl work and studies!
And I think it is about time someone brought this up on a forum post! Think about all the friends we have made by simply playing minecraft! I am not a good speaker, but I think you all catch my drift Very Happy

And second: The server. The server is almost 3 years old, maybe even older! I dont know, because is stopped counting after 1.
It has been a living community all since I can remember, Therefore it hurts me to see it so underpopulated as it is today.
We have never had such low visitor counts as we have today, and we got to do something about it!
Now this has been the topic me and CloseKnight have been speaking of for a long time now, and what we are planning is a brand new map with a new more satisfying and organized layout, new rules, plugins started from scratch, now customised for the servers inhabitants, a new guest system and some neat new features like minigames and events.

Now about the plugins and money system and all the other stuff, this is HARD. It has been a hard task for close to find all the plugins, install them, repair them and teach us how to use them as well as making rules and systems. Now it is OUR job to help Close with this problem! Let us all together make a new list with suggestions for a price system, a money system, a list of plugins, a list of features and minigames.

Let us all start this together by replying on this thread with long and detailed suggestions and feedback!

Thank you all for your time, this thread will be updated later on, but you know its midnight and I am kinda tired now so yeah, i'll call it a day.

And remember: The tea is whack y'all!

Sincerely,
Gudbev
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

1301st message, and a big THANK YOU and a concerning speech by gudbev :: Comments

xman23

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:42 pm  xman23

I would gladly create a few minigames and would be happy to help in construction of the new world (given that I get some time off of work Neutral )

Back to top Go down

iPixelz

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm  iPixelz

I think that we should make a fancy spawn, and in the same map. I know some people got confused with the whole /warp thing, so maybe make it a bit more straightforward?

Back to top Go down

Bepi_Nomdus

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 pm  Bepi_Nomdus

^Agreed, the current spawn confuses many people (who can't read) and we should do something more fancy.

Also I'd definitely like to help out with building. I've got holidays over the next 2 weeks and I don't have anything planned, so plenty of spare time.

Back to top Go down

xman23

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 am  xman23

As it stands, the current map will not work with the full plan Axel has laid out. It will interfere with the plugins system, as some things that work in this map will remain but become broken, as well as the fact that this world is not limited in size and also is becoming fairly crowded. A new map has already been created and work on it will commence shortly.

Back to top Go down

blubberdud

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:05 pm  blubberdud

If I am allowed to I would love to help with building?

Back to top Go down

Tarl

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 am  Tarl

Hello all,
My favorite plugins are Lockette and some kind of multi "home" plugin so you can have more than one home saved. I feel lockette keeps theives at bay and the home plugins are just convenient. Otherwise, I like pretty much straight SMP.

As far as the the maps and rules go, I am excited. My favorite times to play on the server is when there is a fresh map and everyone pours their creativity into it.

I would love to see some kind of mass cooperation building project that could get everyone involved. Something where the various jobs really mattered and everyone could contribute, even new players.

Back to top Go down

DevvyHD

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:46 am  DevvyHD

As gudbev was saying i feel that the server has been experiencing almost no player activity.....i have viewed the current server and i have researched other major servers and see what we lack...

AGN has a great base however the restrictions that we have such as no creative building, no items giving away i think draw us back. This may be due to the fact that people dont want restrictions on them when playing on a server, as with the item giving away i understand that Close does not want to ruin the economy but whats the point of having an economy if we dont have players?!

Other servers also have a fairly moderate donating system which keeps the server running, but what attracts players the most is activities and things to do. This would include things such as a parkour course, RPG, CTF, and other fun mini-games.

This would mean that we would keep players entertained, resulting in more player activity.Also servers have gotten more players because they have a fairly decent voting system in place i.e you get 1000 coins if you vote, people love getting rewards for voting which means that they can play "better" in the server keeping players and staff happy both ways.

I think the plugins we have are fine, however we cannot be "too picky" with what we want to accomplish with the server as we can only have two out of three potential aims...

We can either have player activty, our plugins and server, selective regulations.

I feel that we should start fresh and not place any restrictions on players, we should also add more games that reward you upon winning, and a voting system which rewards you. This would mean that we would see more player activity.

Again this is a fairly huge ask as i am not a member of staff however i feel that this may help.

P.S My hands hurt Very Happy

Back to top Go down

gudbev

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:47 am  gudbev

Devvy, we need to have restrictions when it comes to survival. The "major servers" are large boring anarchy servers with griefers all around. The reason for these being very popular is because all the kids like to mess around on them. CloseKnight have personally stated that he don't want a 80 players online + server, but a normal server with a decent level on 10 people online.

And for the creative building, yeah sure we could give everyone creatiuve, but then again what about the donators who paid to get this ability? The solution would have to eventually be a world only for creative building, or a server. I could go good fro that because I like to see people using their creativity to build the structures of their dreams, however, at servers like this, a whitelist is almost always a must-have, because otherwise people just log on and spam the world with diamond homes (yes I do have examples of this)
This all needs to be discussed closely before we can take solutions.

sincerly
gudbev

Back to top Go down

xman23

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 am  xman23

We already have a creative world. It can be kinda confusing at first though, so I think that map should be reset. Also, an important part of creativity is inspiration. What inspiration does a flat map add? Not much. Perhaps a creative world that parallels the survival world?
More on this later. I'm off to work.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm  uggys

I have a kinda big community of friends i could bring in, but it would require alot of nagging and they wouldn't be active for long periods of time, but I will do my best. I hate to see this server at the state it is in now.

Back to top Go down

Bepi_Nomdus

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:52 pm  Bepi_Nomdus

@xman: I can already say that I agree with you. For me a superflat world doesn't bring much inspiration either, however on the other side I do think it might be more of a preference thingy.

Also it's probably a 'must' to get a new creative world anyway even if we were to keep a superflat world due to the new superflat terrain options that are coming in 1.4.

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down