Anti-Grief Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AGN alive?
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:00 am by Tarl

» AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 am by PlasticTastic

» Server coming back?
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am by Rigs90

» i would like to play LoL
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am by kevmuh

» New Server IP
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am by Rigs90

» AGN Domain Expiry?
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm by gudbev

» Dish Network International Access Fees / how to get dish network on my pc
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:48 am by xman23

» [get involved] Brainstorming - ideas/suggestions thread
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:45 am by gudbev

» Got questions? e-mail thread
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am by gudbev

Statistics
We have 206 registered users
The newest registered user is kamellang

Our users have posted a total of 1413 messages in 205 subjects

AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you like this idea?

AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap64%AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 11

AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) - Page 2 Empty AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP)

Okay guys, so I've been looking at our SMP server recently, and also been browsing around other server looking for ideas, and I think our server is simply too complicated. So I drew up some simple plans for SMP 2.0. There is a poll as to whether you like this idea, please vote. Sorry for the long read, but here it goes.

Basically, simplify everything. We have WAY too many plugins to do this and that, and nowadays there simply isn't any survival any more. We have the creative map, so why bring half the options into survival? My idea is to get rid of every single rank and plugin available to non-staff, and get rid of almost every plugin available to admins.

Ranks

The ranks are being simplified down to 5 ranks.

Guest - New to the server.
Trusted - Been on for a while, trusted not to grief (So mods don't have to keep an eye out), also gets access to creative map.
Mod - Can kick/ban, standard moderator tools. Access to Hawkeye.
Admin - Has access to, and can change, other people's inventories (Will explain later)
Owner - Me and CloseKnight. Go away.

Edit - People are saying they like the ranks. So this is another suggestion:

Guest - New to the server, e.t.c
Builder - Been on for a while, gets 50GN as a reward.
Trusted - Fully trusted not to grief, blahblahblah, gets 100GN.
Architect - Gets 200GN, and the ability to purchase city licenses (Price suggestions for city licenses?)
Mod - Can kick/ban, standard moderator tools. Access to Hawkeye.
Admin = Has access to, and can change, other people's inventories (Will explain later)
Owner - Me and CloseKnight. Go away.

Currency

I feel like there is not enough "Work for your reward" feeling at the moment. Something I completely stole from another server: Using gold nuggets (GN) as currency. The price list could be (very) similar to this. So if you're a farmer, and you want a diamond hoe but hate mining for diamond, work for your 90 GN by making 45 bread, and selling the bread to an admin and buying the diamond hoe from him. Admins MUST buy/sell stuff with respect to the pricelist.

I think this system benefits everyone. As mentioned, if you like farming, you can still get full tools, but you get more rewarded if you're willing to take the risk by lurking in the deepest caves.

Donators

You can donate as much as you want, as often as you want. For every pound (Approximately 1.6146 U.S. dollars according to google), you will get 20 GN. Also, there will be the following tiers -

£5 - 20 extra GN (120 all together) and your name added to the hall of donators at spawn, and an extra /home (2 in total)
£10 - 50 extra GN (250 all together) and access to the special donator's creative world and 2 extra /home's (4 in total)
£15 - 100 extra GN (400 all together) and you get to choose your colour name, and unlimited /home's!

These tiers will be monthly (So after a month, you won't get any bonuses anymore), hence the fact they are cheaper. But if you want to donate £30, you will get 800GN at a time, so you can renew your month any time you want! Or if you're only 20 GN away from that full diamond armour and you can't be bothered working till the end, simply donate £1 and you will be there!

Plugins

The plugins will be as follows:

Lockette - To stop people from stealing stuff. Also allows safe storage of GN.
Home - Everyone will be allowed to set 1 /home. Donators will get more, explained in the donator section.
Hawkeye - Available to mods and admins, so they know who griefed, and can undo the grief.
ChangeDat - So you can buy/sell stuff from Admins.

And that's it! That's right, no creative mode. Nothing like that. If you want to build something, do it in the creative map! The SMP will keep true to the name - SURVIVAL multiplayer.

Last edited by PlasticTastic on Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total
PlasticTastic
PlasticTastic
Rainbow Founder
Rainbow Founder

http://www.antigriefnation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

AGN 2.0 Proposition (SMP) :: Comments

golden_black203

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:41 pm  golden_black203

ahh yes I forgot to comment on some other things. The currency Idea is actually a really good idea, with the gold nuggets. however, the Ranking system is fine as is. and this is a bit selfish, so you can ignore it, but I like the donation system just the way it is drunken

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:06 pm  Th8_dude

Can you please unban me I know I wasnt thinking but I had just been raiding people on mcpvp.

ps: i couldent find the unban post

Back to top Go down

xman23

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:29 pm  xman23

Raiding on mcpvp? First off, PVP is against the rules unless both parties consent, and Raiding doesn't quite fit into that category. Secondly, we don't do unbans if the original ban was due to someone breaking the rules. That would be counterproductive on our part. So, simply raiding on mcpvp will get you banned, yes. Reading rules is kind of an important part of being on the server. I apologize if you had an unpleasant experience on our server, but I do sincerely hope that you will better yourself in the future as to insure you do not get banned again, on other servers.

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum