Anti-Grief Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AGN alive?
AGN Lifeline EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:00 am by Tarl

» AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
AGN Lifeline EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 am by PlasticTastic

» Server coming back?
AGN Lifeline EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am by Rigs90

» i would like to play LoL
AGN Lifeline EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am by kevmuh

» New Server IP
AGN Lifeline EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am by Rigs90

» AGN Domain Expiry?
AGN Lifeline EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm by gudbev

» Dish Network International Access Fees / how to get dish network on my pc
AGN Lifeline EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:48 am by xman23

» [get involved] Brainstorming - ideas/suggestions thread
AGN Lifeline EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:45 am by gudbev

» Got questions? e-mail thread
AGN Lifeline EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am by gudbev

Statistics
We have 206 registered users
The newest registered user is kamellang

Our users have posted a total of 1413 messages in 205 subjects

AGN Lifeline

+4
Tarl
xman23
blubberdud
DevvyHD
8 posters

Go down

AGN Lifeline Empty AGN Lifeline

Post  DevvyHD Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:07 am

Hello all members of AGN

I would just like to address the fact that our server has not been getting the attention that it should have been in this case we do not have a lot of players on our server. i find this quite annoying as the server is a great server but who wants to play on their own?

In addition to that the server owner (whom has not been named) runs the server 24/7 and if there are no players on it then whats the point

This is why i have made this topic for people to post their ideas and suggestions on this issue...

Hopefully we can fix this issue and get more people on AGN !

-DevvyHD
DevvyHD
DevvyHD

Back to top Go down

AGN Lifeline Empty Re: AGN Lifeline

Post  blubberdud Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:35 am

Yes I have also noticed that there are not that many, but I think that recently (past month or 2) there have been a lot more people on and joining. Perhaps I am wrong?
blubberdud
blubberdud

Back to top Go down

Post  xman23 Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 am

blubberdud is right. I noticed this long ago, around a month after school here let out. Now I'm two weeks away from my senior year, and I've noticed a lot more activity. Frustrating as it may be slow, but I say we just wait another week or two and see how things go.
xman23
xman23
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  DevvyHD Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Depending on where you guys live you may have more people joining AGN because of that time period, i live in England and in the morning-afternoon we never have players on.

But considering the fact that xman you live in America i think that you will experience more activity as more people in America play minecraft when you play it because of the time differences.

Nevertheless we still do get people on which is a good thing and hopefully we can improve on it even more Very Happy

P.S Thanks xman&Blub for your responses
DevvyHD
DevvyHD

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarl Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello all,
I pop in occasionally and often check the dynamap but it seems empty a lot.
I have to admit that I have been playing a lot less minecraft lately and have been playing other games instead. I go through phases like that depending on my mood or new games that come out, etc. However, minecraft is one of those that keeps pulling me back in! :-)

I also notice that there are like 10 worlds on the server now. Is that a bit overkill? Maybe it spreads people out accross too many worlds. Just a thought.
Tarl
Tarl

Back to top Go down

Post  axeens Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 am

Hello there fellow AGN ppl me and gud are constantly working on stuff trying to make ppl come by and checkout the server . our latest project is a really nice steampunk boat. gud has made an Planeminecraft account with all kinds off cool stuff so check that out.

i also can feel a lownlyness on the server in Sweden timezone there is not many ppl oline in the sfternoons exept gud. and i can agreed with tarl about we have many worlds it makes the gameplay very confusing. but i hope that the "Time Warp" will change that.
axeens
axeens

http://www.antigriefnation.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xman23 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Tarl wrote:I also notice that there are like 10 worlds on the server now. Is that a bit overkill? Maybe it spreads people out across too many worlds. Just a thought.
Most of those worlds are extensions of base worlds. Like nether worlds, they are listed as new worlds in the dynmap(as they should be) and that can cause a bit of confusion.
Also, the only worlds non-staff members can access are those attached to Build and Physia. Anything else is by invite only, and most for testing/video purposes.
xman23
xman23
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bepi_Nomdus Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 pm

DevvyHD wrote:Depending on where you guys live you may have more people joining AGN because of that time period, i live in England and in the morning-afternoon we never have players on.

But considering the fact that xman you live in America i think that you will experience more activity as more people in America play minecraft when you play it because of the time differences.

Nevertheless we still do get people on which is a good thing and hopefully we can improve on it even more Very Happy

P.S Thanks xman&Blub for your responses

Kinda true, one thing I have noticed over time is that whenever I check dynmap at 3 pm my time (GMT+1) then there's usually no one online, but if I check it at 2 am then there's usually at least a couple of people online.

As for me, same reason as Tarl really...
Bepi_Nomdus
Bepi_Nomdus

http://twitter.com/NoTime4name

Back to top Go down

AGN Lifeline Empty Yeah..

Post  clubnaporelse Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:35 am

No one is ever on, and I find myself playing a lot of other games. Also, my friend just got an account, so I set up just a 2 person server for the 2 of us. Also also, Tarl, go on just once. Go to your house.
clubnaporelse
clubnaporelse

http://pbwritten.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarl Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Club,
I was on and saw your gifts and left you sign back :-)
Thank you very much for the loot! :-)

Tarl
Tarl
Tarl

Back to top Go down

Post  clubnaporelse Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Nooo Tarl itsss something ellllssseee. Go to where you put the sign.
clubnaporelse
clubnaporelse

http://pbwritten.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DevvyHD Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Please guys stick to the topic Exclamation
DevvyHD
DevvyHD

Back to top Go down

Post  gudbev Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Just as you guys know, we will soon update the server with new map and map system (might be limited to prevent Gigabytes of unused land) as well as new buy/sell systems and permissions. We will also start the plugin list from skratch and spend a lot more time on this.

After we have the map and perms up and running properly we will be promoting agn on different websites such as PMC, minecraft server list, forums and more.

But then yet again this is not something the staff can handle alone. When we put up the server on server list we need YOU to VOTE for the server EVERY DAY.

Last time we tried to put it up noone else than some staff members and veterans voted for it. Got kinda 5 votes in one week or something. WE NEED TO KEEP THIS VOTING GOING. and we must not forget to upvote it when we got the time. If we can get just 5 people to vote for the server every day it would be enough to increase the number of players by 25% (after my calculations and experiences with server lists)

So yeah, this is not only a job for the staff, we need your help to improve the server. BE SURE TO GIVE THE STAFF MEMBERS SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO IMPROVE!!!! ALL feedback is appreciated as we are always trying to improve.

And we are most likely to expand the community to inlcude and host other game servers such as tf2, GMOD, and more.

Sincerly
gudbev
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: