Anti-Grief Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AGN alive?
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptySat May 26, 2018 3:00 am by Tarl

» AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 am by PlasticTastic

» Server coming back?
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am by Rigs90

» i would like to play LoL
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am by kevmuh

» New Server IP
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am by Rigs90

» AGN Domain Expiry?
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm by gudbev

» Dish Network International Access Fees / how to get dish network on my pc
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:48 am by xman23

» [get involved] Brainstorming - ideas/suggestions thread
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:45 am by gudbev

» Got questions? e-mail thread
So much new! A brief information thread. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am by gudbev

Statistics
We have 206 registered users
The newest registered user is kamellang

Our users have posted a total of 1413 messages in 205 subjects

So much new! A brief information thread.

+5
KrypticMetaph0r
axeens
Admin
Tarl
gudbev
9 posters

Go down

So much new! A brief information thread. Empty So much new! A brief information thread.

Post  gudbev Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 am

Greetings players of AGN. It is me, Gudbev. And yet again I have returned to the forums with exciting news for you all to read.

As you all probably know, the server is experiencing MAJOR changes these days and here is a brief update on all the new stuff. (Aksel was going to post a detailed and better one later so this is minor).

First of all, we will move the global spawn point to the build map spawn base and you WILL be able to build on it within the next days.
The build map does NOT grant normal players creative mode, but you will recieve the needed building blocks in a storage at spawn.

Second, we have updated the ranking system with some new names and even A NEW RANK! Here is a quick list:

building ranks:
builder
designer (before trusted)
Architect
MasterArchitect (before masterbuilder)
VIP (new rank, yay!)

staff ranks:
staff (before Operator)
Moderator/MOD (before admin)
Admin (before DirectorAdmin)
Co Owner (old rank comback)
Owner

Vip rank:
Now this is special. This will be the highest rank among the players (highest non staff rank). This will be extreamely hard to achieve. It will only be granted the best builders at the server. (only 3 vips at the time)
The admins vote for wich MasterArch to promote in elections.

Now heres the special part:
It is not a permanent rank. Wich basically means that it is passed on from player to player after who is the best and most active player at the server. Note if you have achieved it, you must continue working to keep it. If you go inactive for too long, the admins will give the rank away to someone else.

Permissions:
The permissions on the server is under heavy "renovation", Aksel is working very hard to get it all right, wich is a very hard task due to the new ranks and stuff.

The VIP's will get some extra commands and priveleges. This is still on the drawing board atm, and we are not 100% sure on what to give the VIP's, but i can promise you all it will be pretty neat. But they WILL get the /kick command and creative mode for the build map.
They will also get permissions to build at my themed build map "exos empire" whenever they want.

The new rankup system:
This is old, but not well known news, but I am sure many already knows about it. From now on you will have to build a lot on the build map in order to recieve build points to rankup. Once you have recieved enough points you will be promoted automatically.

I hope this gave u a better understanding of the updates and system.
Happy building!

Gudbev

Last edited by gudbev on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

So much new! A brief information thread. Empty Re: So much new! A brief information thread.

Post  Tarl Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:57 am

Hi! Could you clarify how spawn will work? Will all new players on the server automatically go to the new build map? How will people access the other maps?
Also, how will this effect the newly completed Spawn Town at Physia?

About the ranks:
If someone gets voted to VIP, and then it is given to someone else, do they revert to their previous MA rank? The new ranks and possible privileges do sound cool!

Thanks for all the new info!

Tarl
Tarl

Back to top Go down

So much new! A brief information thread. Empty Re: So much new! A brief information thread.

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Spawn will have warp signs to different places/maps. It will be a bit of a hub.
No new players will not have access to the build map. Only Designers will have access to the build map.
The survival map will be accessible to everyone via warp signs. The Dota map will run on Saturdays.
Spawn town will simply be the spawn of Physia so no matter what if you're in the survival world people will still /spawn to it.
If a new player is chosen as a VIP the least favoured current VIP will revert back to GA.
Admin
Admin
Gold Founder
Gold Founder

http://www.antigriefnation.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarl Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:49 am

Awesome! Thanks CloseKnight!
Tarl
Tarl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarl Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 am

I just wanted to say thanks for being chosen as the first VIP!
I am honored that people voted for me :-)

On a side note, it seems there are some problems with the warps not working right, especially for guests. Lots of confusion going on. The new spawn hub is very cool though. The builders did a great job!
Tarl
Tarl

Back to top Go down

Post  axeens Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 am

On a part of the buildmap we should Do like huge plots where ppl can build and if we see something like really awesome. We know WHO did it and we could copy it more easly Into the Otter world if we would like to.
axeens
axeens

http://www.antigriefnation.com

Back to top Go down

So much new! A brief information thread. Empty Permissions problem.

Post  KrypticMetaph0r Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:23 pm

There seems to be something wrong with the spawn permissions to use pressure plates and stuff like that. i used the warp that the sign specifies and i could not get out of the room with the two plates without help from someone else.

KrypticMetaph0r

Back to top Go down

Post  gudbev Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Yea we noticed this a little late, dont worry it will be taken care of asap.
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  iPixelz Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 am

My rank!!!
iPixelz
iPixelz

Back to top Go down

Post  SwaggerBadger Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 am

Just to clarify, are our builds monitored by the server or the Staff?
SwaggerBadger
SwaggerBadger

Location : Huntsville, Alabama, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post  gudbev Tue May 01, 2012 5:51 am

Yes the staff is always looking for new builds to evaluate. From now on your builds will be the main factor of your rankup.
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

So much new! A brief information thread. Empty Update!

Post  gudbev Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 am

Ok so basically guys we will have teams now. Not clans or factions or any other war crap. What I am talking about is general server teams.
Ok to make this less confusing lets take an example:

"Brad and Norm is friends, they decide to join our community for real minecraft experience.They log onto the server and are greeted by the administrators. They see a info board with teams information. They decide to join 2 different teams. Norm tp's to team (insert team tag here) base. And Brad teleports to his teams base. They will play at the same server, but from now on they will build mostly with their teammates. They will build cities with their teammates and they will hang out in their base. And later, when they decide to play a minigame, they will (of course) be playing for their team."

This is what it ts all about. A way to connect the players and build team spirit among them! Players from all around the world will socialize and play together in order to grow a friendly relationship with their co-players. You do not HAVE to join a team, its not obligatory, but you will then miss a great part of the server. This is not to grow hate for the other teams, but to split the server in parts so it is easier to keep track of basically everything. It is also (as said) a great way to build team spirit!
We hope that most of you decide to take part in this event, and i can promise you all one thing:

This WILL be awesome!

sincerly
gudbev
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarl Wed May 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to point out that the two links at the top of the main forum page that point here seem to be broken. Not sure where else to post this....
Tarl
Tarl

Back to top Go down

Post  xman23 Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Resolved. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
xman23
xman23
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  WieThins Sat May 19, 2012 7:29 am

Ok so I would've started a new topic, but it seems I can't, so I'll just post on this one because it seems the most relevent. Anyway, this message is mainly for Gud and Close, but if there is anyone else that can help this also applies to you. The CastleTrials, whenever I'm on, and another staff member is on I ask them for a plot, but it seems like no one else has even heard of the castletrials. I haven't seen close or gud on so if one of you could make a plot for me, i check it everytime I'm online.
Thanks
-WieThins

WieThins

Back to top Go down

Post  gudbev Mon May 21, 2012 7:50 am

The castle trial was a fail, i was supposed to start the competition officially but due to major exams and other projects i never got the time. I promise to make a decent system for this later when the teams are added to the server and all the perms for that stuff is sorted out. Meanwhile just build and have fun Smile
gudbev
gudbev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down